Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Cool Pool

My in-laws have a swimming pool at their house here in Florida where we're vacationing.   I hear pools aren't that uncommon in Florida, but from where I come from a few states in a northerly direction, they're the ultimate in cool.

I love my in-laws pool.  Well, to be technically correct, there are two pools.   There is a hot tub or spa round part that's higher up and a main pool that's about two feet lower down.   The two pools can work together, cycling water through the spa pool, over a little waterfall area at the rim of one side, flowing into the main pool and then back again.

There is a heater component that makes the water in the spa portion nice and warm (or hot if you let me at the controls.)  With that heater running and the waterfall flowing, the entire pool can be increased in temperature.    With the heater unit working and the waterfall off, the spa pool gets nice and hot and the main pool remains fresh and cool.

My children love the hot tub part.   The seats are at a good height for them to stand on and the center is fun to dive down into to get dive sticks.    It's also warm (or hot if you let me at the controls) and doesn't require any direct swimming supervision.   But my children love the big pool too, and they renamed it.    They will be in the hot tub splashing back and forth between several adults and then one will say, "I want Papa to come to the Cool Pool with me and do the slide."  

Hot Pool and Cool Pool, I love them both.  (I love the hot pool more, but you had already guessed that, right?)

The Big Boy Update:  Yesterday we were at Animal Kingdom in a safari truck, on a safari ride through one of the most expansive "rides" Disney has.  You drive through a veritable natural zoo and see far more animals than you expect.   My son saw the tall termite hills and recognized them from one of the educational kids shows he watches.  He asked us, "is that where termites live?"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We were driving to dinner tonight and my husband was explaining what we were going to do.  (This is something you do with kids a lot.)    He said we were going to a  buffet and the first thing we'd all do is get a tray for our food.   From the back of the car my daughter said, "what in the world?  A train?"   After we laughed at her phraseology, my husband explained that he had said "tray" and not "train."

No comments:

Post a Comment