Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Springy Park Day

I got up at six o'clock and it was sixty-four degrees.   CRAZY.   I didn't even remember what to wear in warm weather.   I forgot what it was like to run without gloves on.  

After a short run we got the children ready to go to school and they were confused too.   They picked out warm clothes, but they didn't have shorts and short-sleeved shirts in their drawers, so they did the best they could.

After school, my mother and I got food from a restaurant near a popular park.   The children were excited because they love this big park.   They even forgot they were hungry.   We got there, parked and walked to the pond with the geese and pulled out lunch.    They hardly ate because geese are far more exciting than food.

We spent several hours riding the small train, playing in the sand (I have a video of the two of them making sand angles) and playing on various parts of the park.    

We ended the afternoon with popsicles, lemonade and headed to the car just before some afternoon rain arrived.  

Tomorrow I think it will be in the forties, but we had fun today in the spring weather.

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked me, "how do people get inside the TV?"   At the time, I was on the phone with my mother.   I told her maybe she'd better come on over and field my son's latest question.    (She did.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  First solo ostrich ride.   My daughter is over forty-two inches tall and, as such, is eligible to ride the merry go round without an adult.   I hardly had to ask because I don't think she really wanted me standing beside her.   I helped her up on her animal of choice and walked out to the exit area.   She did the wave and grin/laugh thing small children do when they're overcome with an amazing amount of happiness.   I did the stupid looking parent waving with exaggerated gestures on the side while she went round and round.

Fitness Update:  Four miles this morning.   Another short run.   I wore my new running shoes to see if all the walking in them has worked them in well.   My toes fell asleep, which happens on long runs...only this was a short run and it was sixty-four degrees.   Now I my choice of footwear to wear for the marathon has become even more of a conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment