Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Child Swap

My neighbor and I are discovering how useful the, "child swap" option is these days.   Her daughter and my daughter like to play together.   When they're together at one or the other houses, they play together happily and need little to no intervention by an adult.  

We've also discovered our boys like to play together too.   Her son is half the age of my four-year-old, but even at two, he loves to play with my son.     They like to be rough and play jump on each other.   The girls do more gentle things that commonly involved babies, which my neighbor's daughter is obsessed with.  

We've done partial swaps, but today we did our first full swap.   My daughter went there and her son came here.   Her son lasted twenty minutes, which for him was a great success.   When he was done he repeatedly called out "mama" and I took him home.

My son loved it.  My daughter was so happy.    When I took her son home I asked her if she wanted me to get my daughter from upstairs at her house.   She said, "please, no, let her stay."

We all love our family members, but sometimes we need a break from each other to go play with someone else.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has taken to calling his father, "da da" instead of, "daddy" of late.   We're not sure why and today we decided to ask him.   My husband asked him, "what do you call me?"  To which my son replied, "bread maker."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My husband put on an end-of-night show for the children.  My daughter came downstairs where I was working on the computer to talk to me.   Apparently the show on wasn't, "her favorite."   She told me she had really wanted to watch Winnie Bah Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment