Friday, March 13, 2015

007

Our car can do many amazing things.   Our children call it, "The Awesome Car" and truth be told, we were really in awe of the car when we first got it.    And after nine months of owning our Tesla Model S car, it still has some surprises for us.

At the top middle of the touch screen there is the Tesla Motors T.  I knew you could put your finger on the logo and after a few seconds a pop-up would appear, asking you to enter a maintenance code.   These codes are for the service center or other authorized Tesla representative.

The other day my husband came home and said, "can you come out to the car for a minute?"   He said it in that way that means, "you need to see this."  I was worried there was a scratch or ding or something.   I cautiously went outside to find my husband saying, "get in the car and look at the screen.  He had up the settings page for the car and instead of a picture of our black Model S, our car had been digitally transformed to James Bond's submarine car from The Spy Who Loved Me.


Our car's suspension now listed Depth in Leagues, going down to (what else) 20,000.   I looked at my husband and asked, "how?"   He said, "you enter 007 as the maintenance code."

The addition of this fun feature was related to Tesla Motor's founder, Elon Musk's purchase of the original James Bond Underwater Lotus Esprit car from the movie.    It's nice to have unexpected, fun features in our car from time to time.   I like how the people at Tesla Motors have a sense of whimsy.

The Big Boy Update:  My son said to my husband in the car today, "did you marry my mom?"  My husband, "yes."  My son, "what did you give her?"   After a few seconds he said, "A ring?"  Then he said, "did I come after that?"   We told him yes, wondering if he was going to ask how next.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went to the bathroom completely by herself at lunch the other day.   She asked if she could go and when I said yes, she headed across the restaurant to the bathroom.   A few minutes later she came back, sat down and resumed eating.   She's small, the door was heavy and she still needs to balance on the toilet.   Also, she can't successfully close and latch a stall door.   But she did it all by herself.   

Fitness Update:  Packet pickup was today for the marathon on Sunday.   Tomorrow I plan on eating all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment