Saturday, March 28, 2015

Early Easter Bunny

Today was our last full day on vacation; we leave to go home tomorrow and I am none to thrilled, because we're going back into near-freezing weather and I still want to hang out at the pool.

To finish off the week, we went to my in-law's club this morning for a breakfast with the Easter Bunny.   He came early, so that families on spring break vacation would have a chance to see him.  (Also, we heard his schedule was busy next week and he was already booked elsewhere.)

The children had a fun time getting eggs at the hunt, petting baby lambs, holding baby chicks, ducks and rabbits.   There was a big buffet afterwards, which was my favorite part (because I love food, you know?)  

The rest of this post is dedicated to some of the funny things my children have said over the past few days, some of which happened this morning.

The Big Boy Update:  
I'm shy - My son wanted to go up to the Easter Bunny today, but he was unsure.  He came over to us and said, "I'm shy."  Then he went and asked his younger sister to go with him.   She did.

Imposter! - We had been at the Easter Bunny breakfast for some time.   The Easter Bunny had been milling about, taking pictures, making gestures at people and making not a sound at all.  My son, who had apparently been observing the Easter Bunny, came over to my husband and said, "daddy, daddy, it isn't the Easter bunny. It's a human. I knew it!"

Medical Checkup - My son and I were in the hot tub with my in-laws this afternoon.   My son decided Grandpa needed a checkup and began looking him over and giving medical advice.   At one point he yelled out, "arm check!  No boo boos, just old."   After a bit more he said, "There are three problems, two of them are in your nose. There is a spider in there and the other one is a mystery. There is a problem with your ear.  There is a sound in it and it goes all the way down to your mouth."

I want to take him home - We went to Butterfly World today after brunch.   The number of butterflies we saw was far, far more than I had expected.   There were so many we had to try and avoid them.   My son loved it.   There was one very large black and white butterfly that got very close to him.  He turned to us and said, "I want to take him home."

The Tiny Girl Update:
I hear rain - We were in the car and we thought it was about to rain.   My daughter let us know the situation immediately, saying, "I hear rain.  Just one drop."

May I be excused? - My daughter has been a shining example of grace and courtesy of late.   Without prompting she will ask, "may I be excused?" when she's done eating or needs to go to the bathroom.  The other day, we were at a pizza parlor and she asked to be excused...so she could go and dance to the music playing on the speakers.

Unmasked - This morning at the Easter Bunny breakfast, my daughter came over to us and said, "it's a costume."   Somehow, she and her brother figured it out.   They weren't upset or concerned in the least, they just stated it as an observation.


No comments:

Post a Comment