Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This Drinking Is Going to Get Me Yet

It's not what you think.  It's not the alcohol.  It's the delicious hot beverages.  I love a delicious hot beverage.  I love them all day long.  I love one when I wake up in the morning and I love one just before I go to bed.  In fact, as I write this at nine o'clock at night, I'm holding my mug with a delicious beverage in it.  (Okay, I'm not holding it right now, because I'm typing, but I was.)

This holiday season has brought me additional beverage choices and I have been over-indulging in them all.  There was the Russian Tea my mother made for me that sent me down memory lane.  I was drinking that daily and making more mix for friends and family. 

Then there was the hot chocolate Keurig cups from Uncle Brian.  I do love a good cup of hot chocolate.   I also got some specialty hot chocolate mix from Uncle Eric and Aunt Kelly.  Uncle Eric did some extensive research and this mix he made for us, he says is the best.  And it is very good. 

Oh, and chai latte.  I always have room for a chai latte.  I also like hot teas.  I like English Breakfast, Indian Chai and Earl Grey in particular and I have gone through a lot of K-cups over the past two months in teas.

So what's the problem?  It isn't the caffeine, that doesn't' bother me.  It's the calories.  I like my tea, hot chocolate and lattes with lots of milk, say a third of a cup.  Some of those drinks already have a decent number of calories in them without adding milk on top.  And don't get me started on the Russian Tea, which is mostly sugar with a power punch of flavor added in for fun. 

I prefer to "eat my calories" instead of drinking them.  It's why I don't have a soda or lemonade or other drink with calories at meals.  But when I'm drinking lots of calories during the day via tasty, hot beverages, it's adding up...but they're so tasty!

The Big Boy Update:  "Seat belts are my favorite."  For anyone who's seen the movie Elf, I swear, my son said exactly that statement...and I had to laugh.  He was driving around in his plastic car/plane thing and he had fashioned a seat belt out of a Mardi Gras necklace.  When Mimi told me he had made his own seat belt, he proudly showed me and said, "seat belts are my favorite."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Wedgie.  I hate'em.  Truly.  My daughter, on the other hand, cares not.  She put on underpants tonight both inside-out and backwards.  The waist band was partially folded under and she had pulled them way up in the back, making the front part (which was on her back side) even higher up on her little cheeks.  It looked so uncomfortable.  I asked her if I could help her with her pants three times, but she said she was fine and carried on jumping on the bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment