Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sound The Cutest Alarm You Can Find

It's been one of those days around the house; we've had the threat of a snow storm all day but it wasn't until after six o'clock that a single flake fell.  The anticipation of snow seems to be infectious though.  Uncle Jonathan came over and we've been joking about the theoretically impending snowpacalypse and the probability that we'll get a few flurries.  In the meanwhile, it's been a funny day with the children.

After school my son and daughter had been given iPads because our builder was here and we were in and out of the house and unfinished areas and we needed to know they were occupied and not in trouble.  I found out later that my son took the iPad to the little potty and had no interest in getting off any time soon.  My daughter decided that was a good idea too so she got the very unstable potty seat and put it on top of the main toilet and began to try and climb up.  She had brought the iPad into the bathroom but we whisked it away while she wasn't watching. 

Later, I hear Uncle Jonathan say to my son that's he's going to pretend to be him.  The next thing I see is Uncle Jonathan's legs standing up out of the sofa--he was standing on his head on the back of the sofa just like my son does.  My son thought it was hilarious and there was a whole round of head stands and laughter.

Later, I couldn't find my son and went downstairs.  He was curled up on the couch with Uncle Jonathan in the crook of his knees.  Shortly after that he fell asleep on him and was out cold for several hours. 

In the meantime, my daughter was having a very happy afternoon playing with Mimi and Gramps.  She (for some unknown reason) kept singing the Ring Around the Rosies song and spinning around on the hardwood with her socks.  She fell into the cabinets countless times but didn't seem to mind.

After dinner, my son and daughter got excited about the snow (which had finally decided to vaguely fall down).  My son got his shoes and jacket and they went out on the deck and porch to investigate.  My daughter wanted to go out, got her warmest pink jacket and put on her pink rain boots.  She was missing her pants though and every time she wanted to go out, she decided it was too cold to cross the threshold. 

My son was outside trying to find, "the animals" in the snow.  He told us to be quiet and that if we saw the animals (we were inside doing a puzzle) that he would yell.  Shortly later, we heard him yelling on the porch.  He came inside and told us, "I was looking for the animals, but they are asleep."

After that, suddenly a lot of energy was found by both children.  My son decided some foam letters my daughter and I were sewing with laces were, in fact, lassos.  He grabbed them and said to his sister, "I am a cowboy.  And you are a cowboy!"  My daughter replied, "I am Superman."

Then, my son turned to Uncle Jonathan and said, "You're a cracker" and walked away.

The Big Boy Update:  See above for a busy day of cute.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:
  See above for cute day of busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment