Thursday, January 30, 2014

Because They Make You Laugh

Children make you laugh all the time.  They can also make you cry...or scream.   Here are some things my children have done recently have have made us all laugh.

The Big Boy Update:
Me, "did you like the show about animals we watched last night," I asked?  "It was great.  It was my favorite one," my son replied.  It was also our first nature show about animals we'd ever watched.  David Attenborough didn't appeal to my three-year-old as much as I hoped he would.

"Mom, I need a wipe!"  This is new, but greatly appreciated.  My son will now let us know when he's done on the potty so that we can come help him.  This is a great improvement over sitting on the floor and having to ask the question, "are you done yet?" again and again until he decides he's finished.  It's also better than him pulling up his pants (or leaving them off altogether) when he gets done.

"I'm a Cookie Monster," my son declared this afternoon at snack as he crumbled up his cracker, crammed parts of it in his mouth and made a gobbling sound while cracker fell all over him and the ground.  His food was removed until he cleaned it up and he had a lecture about not being Cookie Monster in the house.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:

"Make a half," my daughter told me.  I looked at her, not knowing what she meant as she pointed to the white hand cloth in my hand.   We give these cloths to the children all the time, folded in half or quarters, as a napkin at their table when they eat.  Realizing what she meant, I folded it in half.  She smiled and said, "make another half," so I folded the cloth in half again.  We repeated this until I couldn't fold the cloth in half any more and then started over from the top. 

She was eating candy and I told her that if her brother saw her he would want some too.  She looked at the candy and said, "people want candy."  I suppose she's right, candy is pretty delicious.

Today at lunch I took her to the potty.  We were waiting as she didn't seem to be in a hurry to get off the potty and get back to her table.  I heard a noise and said, "did you put poop in the potty?"  She replied, "that's not poop, that's gas!"

Fitness Update:  Empty gym.  Not many people showed up this morning due to the still partially icy roads, but those of us that did had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment