Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Well, That Was Fun

Today was Christmas.  I had a wonderful day.  Really.  Truly. 

We started with traditional Christmas morning where the kids come downstairs and the adults watch as they enjoy the sights around the tree.  My children each had one large, unwrapped present they got to play with while the rest of us unwrapped presents.  My son had an Emergency Responder building with various accoutrements (imagine a doll house a boy would go nuts for) and my daughter had a doll house replete with a fitness room, sewing room and outdoor lounging area.

We had my parents, my in-laws, Uncle Bob, Uncle Brian and our four all swapping presents.  Everyone seemed to get something they wanted and we all had fun opening the presents we had gotten from each other as well as our relative who weren't able to be with us.

Phone calls and Skypeing ensued with those in other states and we wished everyone a happy day and said thanks for our great gifts.   Then, my husband and I headed down the street for a secret Santa swap with other children on the street.  And oh, that was fun.  We have a great neighborhood and a fantastic street.  The children all had fun opening their gifts.

After we came back, we got ready for what I think is one of the best parts of my year, Christmas Day Dinner.  We inherited this dinner from my parent's best friends and it is always a good year when they're able to join us, and this year, they did. 

We were joined by our Aunt Rebecca, Uncle Dale and cousin Olivia as well and the champagne, food and wine were almost as good as the company.  My children were fun to be around (this means less hitting than there could have been) and dessert was delicious.

Baths were had (by the children) and the adults swapped stories.  And then all too soon, the evening was over.  I love Christmas day.  I'll look forward to next year's starting tomorrow.

The Big Boy Update:  Papa came into their room this morning to the sound of loud banging.  When he walked in, my son said, "We're okay, we didn't make a mess."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Feeling so-so.  She is feeling poorly still from this cold-thing she has.  She is fine when she's had some ibuprofen, but not so hot the rest of the time.  She napped on Mimi for a good while through the dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment