Sunday, December 22, 2013

This Is My Life

I get up in the morning and eat my breakfast.
I spend five minutes taking care of my personal needs.
I wander around for a while, watching what everyone else is doing for breakfast.
I take a nap until lunch time.
I get excited when people come home, but they're busy and say a quick hello.
I take a nap through the afternoon.
At dinner time I'm happy to eat -- I love food.
I follow around the children in the house if they have food. otherwise I stay away from them.
I try to play from time to time with my family, but I'm old and I'm not able to play much anymore.
I love bath time and I bark and bark while the children have their baths.
I would spend a lot of time outside, but I'm only out for a few minutes before I'm called back inside.
It's bedtime so I get on the bed and sleep all night with my owners.
This is my life (as a dog).

Writer's Note:
 - I love my dog, but I wonder how interesting the life of a dog is.  We watch television, they sleep.  We talk and have conversations, they sleep.  We play with toys and games or cook dinner, they sleep.  We work on the computer, they sleep.  We do laundry, clean house, and do anything else, and they sleep.   I want to give my dog a happy and fulfilling life.  I hope I haven't failed her.

The Big Boy Update:  LOUD.  Oh my goodness, he is loud.  We are working on volume, but he is so exuberant it's difficult to control some days.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Jiggle jiggle jiggle.  For as long as my daughter has been having a bath in the big bath tub, my husband has pulled her out by holding her up and saying, "jiggle jiggle jiggle" while he shakes the water off her.  She giggled for a long time.  Of late, she always responds, "no jiggle!"


No comments:

Post a Comment