Friday, December 20, 2013

Substituting the Last Day of School

I had things I wanted to get done today but I got a last minute call this morning that the school needed a substitute teacher and could I come to help. I rearranged my day and headed over as quickly as I could. 

I was substituting in the classes my children are in, something I have t done befoere. I've see their classrooms and I know how the day normally flows, but with two of four teachers out and a special last day before winter break, things did not go as smoothly (or calmly) as normal. It was chaos. 

Well, it wasn't that bad, it was just an excited classroom of students who werE able to. I've to the neighboring classroom to visit with their playground friends. There were new things to see and a slide and added inside the classroom and energy levels were high.  So was the mucous. 

It was a tiring day and I was short on sleep from a late night before and a five am morning. After substituting I had another commitment with a friend to help make some gifts with the children she nannys. 

I didn't have a chance to get breakfast nor did I have enough time to pack a lunch since I heard about the substituting need when I was already in the car. I did find some things to eat but it either wasn't enough or it wasn't the right things because as the kids are going to bed, I'm only wanting to get in the tub to help with this migraine I have followed by crashing to sleep. 

Our two-week winter break has officially started. 

The Big Boy Update:  Wild man.  He was all energy and no listening ears today at school. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She was unhappy at school today and we didn't know why until she came home with a fever of one-hundred-two.  

Fitness update:  the last workout for a while because our trainer is taking some time off for the holidays. Hopefully I'll get a run or two in,

No comments:

Post a Comment