Monday, December 16, 2013

The Expensive Fly Swat

I love Amazon Prime.  Well, let's back up.  I love Amazon.  Amazon has made it so convenient for me to make purchases that I frequently order something without ever thinking of leaving the house.  It's easier than getting in the car to drive and find out if my local grocery store or drug store or Wal*Mart or Target carries the item I'm looking for.  Amazon has made it so easy to purchase something that shows up at your house two days later that it's often easier to go ahead and buy the item than it is to put it on a shopping list and figure it out later.

The combination of Prime (shipping included), One Click Purchasing (using default address and payment options), large array of offerings, and ease of not having to leave my living room (or even bed) to make the purchase is a consumer lethal punch of convenience.  As a result, the days the UPS man doesn't stop at our house are more uncommon than those he does.

Back to the ease of purchasing though.  I was lying in bed a while back, considering possible lawn decorations for the holidays.  I brought up Amazon and started searching.   It was in a dark room and the sudden light from the screen drew the attention of a gnat or small fly over to investigate.

After a minute I got annoyed with the bug and tried to brush it off the screen when..."Thank you, your one-click order has been placed."   Wait, what?   Um, what did I just buy?

It appears I bought a two-hundred dollar tree thing that was close to twelve feet tall.  A tree thing I had no interest in buying. 

Thankfully, another excellent feature is the ease with which you can cancel an order with Amazon if it hasn't yet been processed or shipped.

The Big Boy Update:  "I need my tar."  My son got a new present for his birthday and he decided to take it to the potty with him for some quality time this afternoon.  He went to the toy corner, got his guitar and headed off to the potty (where he stayed for a good long while).

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "Daddy's upstairs making meat malls," my daughter told me tonight.  And yes, he was.  Daddy was making meatballs for dinner.  She got close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment