Monday, December 30, 2013

Backed Up, Again

I have a one page limit on blog post titles.  When it gets beyond that, I have to play catchup and dump some thoughts in abbreviated form.  This seems to be happening more and more lately.  If only there was more time for typing.  I think I might be getting that problem writers have where it's more painful to not write than it is to write. 

Clean house, clean desktop, clean mind:  I like to have things orderly.  That can be a problem though when you can't relax until the things on your list are done.  My list was long after the holidays and thanks to the understanding and helpfulness of my husband, we're getting closer to having many things completed.  The holiday decorations will be up by new years, the pantry has been cleaned out, the condensate pans have been sanitized, the thank you notes have been written and hopefully in the next two days our web sites will be updated with new pictures of our children.  That's the short list.  There are more things but good grief, if the list is boring to me, it's got to be terrible for entertainment value here.  Oh, and I cleaned off my desktop.  Icons and folders do so pile up.  I now have only four things on my desktop.  And that is a nice feeling.  So much screen real-estate to fill up with junk in the future...

Borderline Madonna:  I haven't braved shopping since before Christmas.  Today I hoped it would be somewhat better crowd-wise and made a trip out to the mall.  It was busy, but not terrible.  As I walked into my favorite department store, I had a flashback to my youth--specifically before I was of driving age--as Madonna's "Borderline" song played through the speakers.  I went to that same mall as a child and I shopped in that same department store, probably to that very same song.  Memories do have a way of flooding you at times.

If a man says he will fix it...
...there's no need to remind him every six months.   And I swear, I try not to be a nagging wife but I am low on patience.  I do try to be appreciative when things get done, however. 

The Divorce Items:  I didn't realize I had so many, "divorce items" until my husband started teasing me about it.  It started initially when my husband wanted to get rid of an old towel in the kitchen and I cried out, "that was Erica's and if you get rid of that I'll have to divorce you!"  Or I said something like that.  Erica was a friend who had died in college and that one old, greasy towel is the only thing I have to remember her by, so it's important to me.  And my husband respects that.  It wasn't until several years later that he started telling me how many, "divorce" items I had that it became a big joke between us.  Let's see, there's the piece of Tupperware from my childhood, the Harry and David plates from the Weems, the ruler from New Zealand, and the stick (don't ask about the stick, it's the silliest of the lot.)  I appreciate him for understanding and teasing me about it.

The Big Boy Update:  Tying the knot.  He can tie knots.  We didn't teach him, he figured it out from long practice, "hooking" and he's pretty good at getting anything tied up these days.  Yesterday he had a balloon string tied to the blinds pull tied to his rockin' crock and he was trying to drag the left side of the house out into the hall when I caught him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Guess who ate dog food?  That's why she threw up at dinner the other night at our friend's house.  The dog food was at a location she could reach and I guess she wanted to try it...more than once. 

Fitness Update: 
Gym.  Normal workout, possibly the last of the year.  I'm still maintaining my weight, which is a nice thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment