Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's a Kid Post

The children have been doing lots of things lately that I would dub, "blog-worthy".  Sometimes my list of what they've done or said is empty and my husband and I think back about something notable to say for the day.  Other times, like now, they're busy being cute or funny or ingenious or even aggravating and my list gets long.  Right now, my list needs to be trimmed so tonight is all about the toddlers.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Update Chronicles:  (It's about the both of them, you know, together.)

Door Openings:  My son has been able to open doors for some time now which has enabled him to shut his sister our or into locations at times.  We'd hear her over the monitor in the morning asking for him to open the door to the playroom and let her in, but now, she can open the doors on her own--unless he's holding the knob on the other side, which I've seen him do.  The other trick in play is my son's ability to remove the child protection knobs on the doors.  We have these on doors we don't want him to open.  Sometimes though, if he wants to get into that room badly enough, he works out how to get them off.  But not always.  We'll see how much longer they last.

The Closet Hiding Spot:  My children have a spot they hide in all the time.  It's the same spot...always.  They love this spot because it's in our closet under a row of my husband's long-sleeve T-shirts.  It's soft and almost all the way to the ground and they can get completely hidden and if we didn't know that's where they always go, it would be a hell of a hiding place.  Today, they both got in there and I pretended I was looking for them by moving one shirt out of the way at a time.  They got as close to each other as they could and I was surprised I still couldn't see any of them at all with only about a foot of shirts left.  That's when my son started grabbing the shirts I'd pulled away and began pulling them back for more cover.

Becoming Friends:  My daughter is getting old enough and verbal enough now that she and my son have begun to actually play together.  He tells her things and she helps out or she has an idea and they work on something together.  There isn't always harmony, but they're starting to be more of a team at times.  It's fun to see them when they're working together as friends.

Sticker Sticker Stuck:  Both my son and my daughter like stickers.  Today, my daughter was busily trying to take every sticker off a sticker sheet Mimi had brought over before she returned home.  As my daughter struggled to pull them off one at a time and place them on the paper (or the sofa), my son came over and asked if he could have a sticker.    Which one did he want?  He wanted the Daisy Duck sticker.  After I helped him get Daisy off the sheet, he looked at her and said, "She's very pretty" before sticking her to his chest and walking off.

Fitness Update:  Team workout at the gym.  It's fun to be in a group of five or more people who are suffering, er, having fun with you.  And by that I mean the kind of out of breath, I can't talk until we get a water break and we can commiserate then, sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment