Friday, February 1, 2013

The Big Bang Theory Chair

My mother asked me if I wanted a chair they had that they were going to donate otherwise.  I was all ready for this to be one of those, "it's really nice" type of offers when mom started telling me more about the chair and I grew interested.

First off she said, "It's the Big Bang Theory chair."  I said, "What do you mean?" and she explained how there was the same chair that Penny sat in all the time on the show.  I knew that Sheldon had a specific seat that was his and there was a leather chair beside it that Leonard sat in, but I didn't remember any other chair in the scene other than their desk chairs when they were working on their computers.

She explained how it was an older solid wood chair that was placed across from the sofa and leather chair that was regularly in scene on the show.  How is it I missed this chair?  I didn't remember a chair even in that location.  Mom said when I came over next, she'd show it to me and maybe I'd recognize it then.

A few days later I came over and she took me downstairs to see this chair that dad said dated to probably the 1920s.  It wasn't at all what I had in mind.  It was a shortish wing-back chair that was solid and yet comfortable to sit in.  And I had never seen it on the show.  Nope, not once.  Okay, not once that I had ever noticed.  I didn't doubt my mom.

Mom had picked out a spot the chair would work well in our house, and until she mentioned it, I didn't even realize we needed a chair there.  Our guest room had an empty corner, and no chair.  No place to put your shoes on or read a book.  And the chair would be a great fit for the corner.

Did we want to save the chair from donation and put it to use in our guest bedroom where it would be used and appreciated?  Absolutely.  Dad brought it over and here's a picture of it:


I still wasn't sure about the chair in the show because, wouldn't I have noticed it?  I pulled up the first episode on our cable's On Demand list and within the first minute, there was the chair.  The chair I'd never noticed that's now sitting in our guest room.  And like mom, every time I see the chair on The Big Bang Theory in the future, I'll think of mom and the chair that's now sitting in our basement bedroom.

The Big Boy Update:  ChickenFries...and football...and basketball...and hockey.  This was unexpected, and funny a the same time.  We decided to go to a sports bar for lunch the other day and as we prepared to turn in, my son could see the television screens on their porch playing some game or sport.  We explained we were going to lunch and he immediately said, "chickenfries!"  and then, as he looked at the screens he said, "Football!"  We laughed because we didn't expect him to make that leap.  We explained that football wasn't playing now and he immediately said, "Basketball!" and we were again impressed.  Daddy said it wasn't basketball that was playing, but hockey, to which he shouted, "ChickenFries and Hockey!"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Congestion almost, hopefully, gone.  Her terrible yellow green runny nose has almost, I hope, gone away.  She had hardly anything yesterday but it came back with a vengeance in extra dark and thick discharge this morning.  Hopefully it will be the last days of the runny nose for a while.

Fitness Update:  Five-and-a-half miles with my neighbor in thirty-seven degree weather.  I overdressed, afraid of being cold and was too hot.  I lost a pound in sweat in an hour.  Next time, I won't wear two shirts and a fleece.

Someone Once Said:  Always tell her she is beautiful, especially if she is not.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me, hi! I'm looking for this chair.. do you know what's its name? (if so, please send me an email to jvasta08@gmail.com) I live in Argentina and want to buy it but dont know how to search this particular and beautiful chair! Yours is pretty good!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete