Monday, February 4, 2013

The Luggage Consideration and the Bulky Family

Two adults, two toddlers, one ski trip.  How many bags will we need to take on the plane?  We don't know.  I fear the worst.  I envision massive bags and unruly children and a frustrating trip getting to our destination and back home.

But my husband says it won't be as bad as I think it could be.  My concern stems from having to take the extra bulk of winter wear with us combined with the first time we've taken the children on a plane before.

I'm good at not over packing.  And because we're staying in a house, not a hotel room, we'll have a washing machine we can use multiple times through the trip so we won't have to take more than a few days of clothes for each of the children and only a few repeats of ski clothing for my husband and me.  But I can't envision it yet, so I'm in the fretting stage of vacation preparation.

Daddy did some pre-packing already and he says it's going to be much better than I'm thinking.  He's calmed my fears.   For now.

The Big Boy Update:  Without the V.  He can't say the letter V.  Excabator, Ebin (Evan), Oben (Oven), or anything with a V just gets translated to a B. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: I have something to say about that.  She's talking more lately.  We don't know what she's saying, but she does.  She babbles at you while looking you straight in the eye.  Fortunately she doesn't get upset that you can't understand her.

Fitness Update:  Six and Six.  Six miles with Uncle Jonathan yesterday evening before the Super Bowl started while daddy made lasagna and six miles this morning with my neighbor. 

Someone Once Said:  A supersaturated situation will crystallize almost instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment