Friday, February 8, 2013

The Empty Bathroom Counter Corner

I have a corner on my bathroom counter that is for "right now" things.  It has things I need to use regularly, like my eye drops after surgery, that are not permanent.  Something that's a permanent use, like my multivitamin, gets a permanent home.  Temporary things stay on the counter and wait out their usefulness and will hopefully be gone sooner than later.

And that corner has had one or more things in it for ten months now.  My desire to have an empty counter corner, thus meaning I have no current health or recovery issues, is high.  It's very high.  And I'm starting to get annoyed.  But I think I'm close to an empty counter corner.

April and I have eye surgery.  I have a second eye surgery on the other eye.  I have follow-up procedures and additional things done so that my vision will be, hopefully, extraordinary.  I have months of steroid eye drops and lubricating eye drops and I am almost completely done with those.

I had a tooth extraction.  There was the antibiotics from the abscess surgery.  And there was pain medication because three holes in your bottom is painful.  Second abscess lancing and more antibiotics.  Terrible cold, steroidal nasal spray for my clogged Eustachian tubes. 

Right now there are only two little things left and those are for my ears as they work to become unclogged.  And then, with all my fingers crossed I say this, I'll have a clean counter corner.  That will be a happy day.

The Big Boy Update:  Uncle Bob. Uncle Bob's bread. This morning at breakfast he was asking about several people. He asks about his Uncle Bob sometimes and this morning apparently he was thinking about Uncle Bob and also Uncle Bob's bread. When Uncle Bob visits he always brings a loaf of homemade bread. The last loaf my son thought was better than ice cream and cookies. I told him he'd see Uncle Bob in a week when we go on vacation.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Bows?  Soon her hair is going to be long enough that it will start to get in her eyes.  We're going to have to so some Baby Bow Boot camp to condition her not to tear the bow out of her hair. 

Someone Once Said:  Rules serve best when broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment