Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Umbrelda

I don't like umbrellas.   In theory, they have a good purpose.  In practice, you're dealing with the umbrella far more than the umbrella is helpful to you when it's raining.   I was a staunch refusor of umbrella help for much of my life.  I would rather get wet than deal with an umbrella. 

Then I found an umbrella I love. I keep it in my car.  It's black and red and opens ut upside down.    Today, coming back from getting groceries for the special Father's Day dinner my son wanted to make for his father, it suddenly was pouring.  I had groceries, and I had to film, and I didn't want my hair to get drenched, which would mean frizzy after it dried.    

I have named this umbrella "Umbrelda".  I have never named an umbrella before.  I must really like it. 

The Big Boy Update: In the pouring rain at the store this afternoon, I sent my son to the car to get the umbrella.  He was so sweet to get it for me—especially because he didn't know where it was, and I had to mime how to get to it in the under-storage area.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's hair is the most gorgeous shade of blue now.  It is just so beautiful.  I had Sue bleach out two little bits right at the top front (where bangs would be), and they just set off her face with that amazing blue hair.   I love it so, so much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment