Sunday, June 4, 2023

My Daughter, The Older Younger Child

My daughter is very mature for her age.  She has to be given all she's been through.  She takes care of her homework and anything else she needs to know for school, although she can be forgetful about things and then panic when she remembers.   But she is also my youngest child by a number of years in many things.   

If she's uncomfortable in a situation, like this most recent visit with her psychiatrist, she sat on the floor and played with trucks, and I mean played with trucks like she was a toddler.  She can be thrown off by things and it reverts her.   I suppose we can all do this to a degree.   I know she's really uncomfortable when this happens with her. 

My son is similar.   He is super mature when he's thinking about the friends he has over all the time.  But sometimes he acts like a little boy in bed who only talks in baby talk.  Not that my son has any less reasons to feel insecure, but I always feel more for my daughter when it happens to her.   The world is much harder on her in a lot of ways.    

No comments:

Post a Comment