Saturday, June 10, 2023

Thick Toothpaste Lines

My daughter had a friend over today who is also blind.  They will be going to the same school next year, which will be very nice.   They had the best time playing together and eventually asked if they could continue it as a sleepover, which we said would be fine.   They didn't need any interventions by us; it was just a great day. 

I was busy a lot of the day on a live stream with a special printing mode that showed a nearly clear filament with loads of rainbow glitter coming out of a huge nozzle that almost looked like toothpaste.  Everyone thought it was crazy and exciting looking at the same time.   It was interesting to have the filament company on the live stream as well, talking about their filament.   We all had a great time. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has screens.  Lots of them, all day.   It's the first day of summer, why not, right?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's friend had had a seizure the night before and became worried she might have one again and decided she wanted to go home.  Her parents had gone out to dinner and their other child was on a sleepover too so I hated bringing her back home, but I assured them to not hurry, no one was upset, in fact, we were all having a great time.   She was worried about the sleeping part.   The cutest thing was she said to my daughter, "I want you to know I'm reliable when it comes to sleepovers.  I've only ever bailed two times before."  We said she needed to listen to her body and if she felt safer at home, then going home made sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment