Friday, June 9, 2023

School's Out (I'm So Not Prepared For This)

After eleven years at the only school my son has ever known, he is now a graduate of what is considered sixth grade in all other schools aside from Montessori.   Montessori has different names for things, but everyone knows the translations. 

I can't believe it.  I'm sort of confused about not having to go back to that school when the new year starts in the fall.    My son will be going to the same school as his sister, which is probably a good thing, although it's not what he wanted.  There will be benefits I'm sure, although the other school was certainly nice. 

I suppose it's happened, and the time has come.  We have said goodbye to our family's first school.  In two weeks we'll say goodbye to my daughter's school in the same way 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was in a horrible mood when school was out on Friday.   Was he upset?  We don't know, but he did not want to go to the after-school party in the park with pizza and threw a fit in the car.  We wanted to see the other parents and didn't understand. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I got a message that my daughter's pants had a hole in the crotch and could I came bring her more pants.  I left before going to the picnic only to find they had given her loaner pants at the office and she was eating lunch and I didn't need to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment