Monday, June 19, 2023

Gardenias

I wrote about these recently, I know, but it's the season of the gardenia flowers around the house, and I love how they smell.  I'm not sure if the kind I have here is the same as what my parents had at their house when I was growing up.   Mine seem to last only a day after picking them, no matter how much water you treat them to.   The ones my parents had seemed to last much longer.  

They also don't seem to have a very long season here, so I try to make the most of them while I can.  If someone could capture the true smell of gardenia flowers in a candle, I would buy stores of them.  One time, years ago in an airport I smelled exactly that: a candle that truly smelled like gardenia flowers.   It was expensive, and I didn't buy it.  I regretted that decision but I knew I would be going back to the location soon and I'd buy it then.  

When I returned, the candle was gone.   I looked every time I went back in hopes of finding it.  I've been looking for years and have never found one.   Maybe someday. 

The Happy Angry Children:  The children play so well together.   They get along and are making up games and really having a nice time.   Until something goes wrong.   And then they end on very bad terms.  They are particularly angry at us when we won't solve their problems for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment