Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Long Run (of Guinea Pig Cage)

I rearranged the Guinea pig enclosure again today.   It was a right angle before with two tables pushed together.  I put plastic over the tables and then fleece down and then put a cage wall around the whole area.  They loved it, but it was very hard to get to them when they were in the back corner, and the cage would come disconnected.  

It is now a long run of two tables and is ten feet long.   That sounds long!  It is.  But it's easy to do.  You can put lots of boxes in there from the mail, add soft bedding material, and then different types of hay.  Plus, you can keep them mentally stimulated with new things to do.  

The Unhelpful Daughter:  I was hoping my daughter would help with the cage change around.   She just wanted to hold Cheerio and pet him.   He liked it so I suppose that was helping. 

The Big Boy Screen Monster:  My son is home now with a four-day weekend.   He was up past midnight tonight.  I think he is expecting to be on screens all weekend.   He might be unhappy at me when he finds out otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment