Monday, February 20, 2023

Dinner Out—That Everyone Agreed On!

The children and I went to dinner tonight after a non-confrontational day.  No one got angry at anyone else for silly reasons.  My daughter wanted to put on a dress for dinner and then insisted that she didn't need a jacket in fifty-three degree weather that her sleeveless dress would be just fine.  

My son was very excited to be going to the Mongolian barbecue restaurant.  My daughter, surprisingly, was too.  When we got there she realized she was thinking the place where they cooked the food in front of you at your table, and the place where you picked out the ingredients and they cooked the food on a massive reverse wok.  

She didn't like the restaurant for the last several times, but this time, after insisting she wasn't going to be able to eat without vomiting, I found the lemon pepper seasoning and she was happy.   My son had a not too typical meal of mixed seafood with three eggs.   He for some reason loves this.  I don't even know what seaoning or sauces he uses.  But he loves it.  

The Big Boy update:  My son said his favorite thing of the weekend was being woken up both on Saturday and Sunday with a Cheerio.  My daughter brought the guinea pig to her brother and instead of being upset, he was extra happy. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has recently decided lemon pepper is the best seasoning ever.  I talked to her today and said it was possibly about this age that I discovered how much I loved lemon pepper when Mimi would cook pork chops and use the lemon pepper seasoning.   Add some gravy made with those two seasonings and drizzle them over white rice.   Oh boy, now I'm hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment