Saturday, February 4, 2023

Shoes

The Tiny Girl Boots:  My daughter used to enjoy going through my shoes and putting on the least fitting, most outrageous shoes I had and then try to walk around in them.   She would invariably wear fuzzy socks with high heels or clomp around in my heaviest winter boots.   So the other day when she put on my old pair of Uggs I didn't think they would fit her—but they did.  They have lots of warm fur padding the insides which I figured would help keep her feet in place, but surprisingly enough, they actually fit her. 

Or reasonably well enough that she could wear them.  I told her she could have them and didn't think much about them, noticing them on the floor of her room for the next several weeks.   Today, she wore them to school and seemed completely comfortable in them when she got in the car to go home.   My daughter's feet are almost fully grown if I remember when my feet stopped getting larger.  It was within a year or two of her current age.   Another child milestone that seems far too fast to be happening. 

The Big Boy Boots:  My son got new ski boots when he and his father went on their recent ski trip.   When they got home, for some reason they've been on the floor in the corner of our bedroom.   Tonight, the dog was barking and I needed to let her in quickly.   My shoes weren't close, so I grabbed my son's boots, thinking I could hobble enough in them to get the dog inside.  

I sliped them on and my feet went right into them.   I walked outside to get the dog in comfort.  I came over to my son on the couch with no shoes on and compared our bare feet (which he was confused by) to find out we are almost the same size as well.   His feet are a bit smaller, but only a bit.   Did I mention these child milestones are hard to believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment