Monday, February 27, 2023

Bipolar Bear

I'm not bipolar.   I don't think I can even comprehend what it would be like to actually bipolar.   I do have mood swings, but they're in the normal, "I'm so happy because we're having pancakes this morning." or "I'm so upset because I just broke the large planter, and there is dirt everywhere, and I think I've killed the plant."   All the normal range of emotions that come with daily life.  

A long time ago in college, I had a friend who talked about Bipolar Bear.  I think it was a cartoon, but I've never seen it.   I have a memory of her playing the role of Bipolar Bear, who wanted to go out and be a superhero.   He wanted to be a superhero and save the day...only he couldn't get out of bed.  

Sometimes I think about that when it gets to the wee hours of the night, and I look back at my day and think I got only twenty percent of the things I wanted to get done completed.   I also think this because right about this time of night, I am so ready to go to bed. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went to school with ten fingers but came home with eleven.   They are working on the human body, and they created a mockup of a finger with a piece of paper cut into a specific shape, a paperclip, some tape, and a string.  You could pull on the string, and the finger curled up.   My daughter loved it.    

The Big Boy Update:  We are allowing my son to play video games when he has friends in the house.   It is giving him some social time he wasn't getting during COVID-19.  Normally he doesn't have screens during the week, but since it's a social thing and they're all playing games together, it's been an exception we're glad to grant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment