Monday, February 13, 2023

Sensory Symphony

We went to a chamber music concert at a local church that was specifically for people like my daughter, who are blind.   There were so many things to see and feel before the concert.  I wanted to play the organ, but my daughter got to learn about it first hand from a very nice man. 

They got to feel the strings on a grand piano, pluck the stings on a Bass and touch the different parts of the instruments.   The concert was very nice with students in threes and fours playing different music surrounding the upcoming Valentine's Day.  

The Children Were Cranky:  Both children didn't want to go at first.  My daughter I thought said a very, very rude thing to me in front of people and I almost took her home and grounded here for the rest of the week.  I misheard her, and when she explained, I could see why I had thought she said something else.   She had been very spiteful moments before.   My son, upon hearing about my daughter going home because of what she said asked, "if I say that, do I get to go home and I won't have to stay here?"  


No comments:

Post a Comment