Tuesday, February 28, 2023

In Front of The Parents

We have a good number of children over here these days.   They are taller and more mature than the children we had before COVID-19.   What has surprised me though is that they don't seem to mind when we're around.   

I would have thought my husband and I would be in the "completely uncool" and "leave me alone" realm of people that live in the same house with the children, but they seem to be happy to have us around, sometimes asking me questions or involving me in their conversations.

Could it possibly be that I'm considered a "cool mom?"   

Big Hide & Seek:  It just tickles me when the children play hide and seek these days.   Some of the friends coming over are so tall that they play "Sardines" sometimes, which means when you find the person hiding, you have to climb into the small space with them.   This continues until only one person is left, who finds the whole group of them packed in together.   It is really quite cute when they come by and ask me if I've seen someone or anyone, and I decide to tell the truth so unconvincingly that they don't believe me or lie and make it sound like it's the truth.   It's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment