Sunday, February 5, 2023

Dishwasher Directions

There is an unspoken order when it comes to dishwasher loading.   It's not something I've ever talked about with anyone I've lived with.  The expectation is you load the dishwasher up with dishes that aren't overly soiled and you place things in an arrangement that maximizes space utilization.  

But is there a specific order the dishwasher must be filled up in?   I noticed tonight that my husband puts cups up at the very back of the left side on the top drawer.   I get to that area last when I'm loading a dishwasher as I start on the back right of the top rack and load right to left.  

We meet in the middle, so it doesn't seem to matter much, but I find it interesting nonetheless. 

The Angry Son: My son was livid and screaming.  He was so angry he was screaming saying he wasn't screaming.  It went on and on and on.   I had an idea.  I went upstairs and got Cheerio.   When I came downstairs I handed him over and my son immediately calmed down.  Cheerio has that way about him; you can't be sad when he's in your lap. 

The Absent Daughter:  I care home after two hours out.  I went to go check if the guinea pigs were still in their play pen so I could put them up.  Kix was there but Cheerio was nowhere to be found.  I went to see where my daughter had taken him because she was cuddling with him in her room before we had left.   I couldn't find her and just happened to be cleaning up her bed.   I moved the blanked and there Cheerio was, sleeping under her covers.   When I told her she sucked in her breath and was upset at herself.  The doorbell had rang and then the dog got out at that point and was hard to get in.   When things normalized, she completely forgot she had Cheerio up in her bed.   He was happy and fine just sleeping under the covers.


No comments:

Post a Comment