Tuesday, December 1, 2020

What Remains Behind

I drove my car for over four-and-a-half years.   That's half the lifespan of my daughter.   I loved driving my car and had many, many good memories of being in it.  

As I was leaving the scene of the accident before my car was towed away I got the knife out of the emergency kit and cut the one remaining part holding the emblem in on the steering wheel.   The airbag had town along pre-set lines as it burst out to protect me from the impact.   That logo, that I had looked at day in and day out, for some reason I decided I'd wanted to keep. 


I've never lost a car through such a tragic end.   Tragic for the car, unscathed for those of us inside that it protected.   I don't know what I'm going to do with this little memento, but I'm glad I thought to take it. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was out of school today.   There was a student who without knowing, came to school for two days last week positive with COVID-19.   We weren't sure this morning if there was a possible connection from that student to my son.   The classrooms are all distinct with their own HVAC systems.  They keep doors and windows open with the current weather or cracked if cold.   Strict protocols are followed by all students and staff.   No interaction between classes happens.  Each classroom enters and exits from its own external campus door.   However, if there were siblings across the two classes, there could be an issue.  Thankfully we found out this evening that there is no connectivity.   The school is switching to distanced learning for the balance of the week while the classroom in question have tests performed and a full deep-cleaning is completed.   My son didn't mind a day off.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a rolling backpack and the dang thing is still hugely heavy—and full.   She has one asynchronous day each week which means there is still a huge amount of materials moving back and forth with her.   I'm so glad we have this new option because it's a lot of weight she doesn't have to tote around on her small frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment