Sunday, December 27, 2020

Almost Midnight…Again

I just looked up and it's almost midnight...again...and I haven't written a blog post today.   I wrote yesterday's blog post this morning, had it scheduled to backdate to yesterday (with full disclosure) and got "momed" by my daughter, asking if I could get her her next audiobook and I couldn't say no because she had gotten some Audible credits as Christmas presents.  

I thought I had posted yesterday's post today, but after my afternoon nap (I had woken up very early and had been working straight until mid-afternoon) my husband asked me about the missing post.   That's when I realized I had forgotten to post yesterday's post.   I hastily posted it without a comment about each child with plans on writing a longer, more interesting, here's what's been happening here kind of post this evening.   Only now it's almost midnight and clearly, time is up for today. 

The children are busy with their various things from Christmas and my husband and I currently have four 3D printers hard at work.   Two of mine are printing small filament spools to store samples or the last bits of full spools.   The third, new printer is working on a "torture test" which looks interesting enough to post a picture.   I've been running tuning prints to make sure it's leveled and the dimensional accuracy is, well, accurate.  So far, so good.  


The Children's Report, From My Mother:  My mother came over and played with the children today.   She emailed me, telling me about her day.   She sat beside my son in the living room and listened to him tell her all about the different worlds he's created in Minecraft.  Then he told her he was sleepy and could she play with his sister for a while?   My mother played, "Hotel Paradise" with my daughter for an hour.   They made up all kinds of stories about their hotel, featuring I'm thinking the new play tent with a tropical theme they got my daughter for Christmas.   My mother went back to check on my son and he wanted to show her how he played Minecraft but he would have to do so on his father's computer because his was being repaired.  My mother reported how my son came alive and was animated and talkative when he got into the game.   Both children didn't want Mimi to go when it was time for her to leave.   I think they want her to stay all day and play with them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment