Friday, December 18, 2020

Bathmats

It's 11:58pm and I'm lying, pretending I'm writing this an hour-and-a-half ago, thinking my day didn't get that much away from me.  The project at the other house has been progressing and hopefully we'll have it finished in less than a week.   It's caused other things to take a back seat so tonight I tried to get caught up on a few. 

What I got caught up on was other things like talking to my son about the amazing Minecraft things he's been working on—amazing in his mind, although he is pretty darned good at Minecraft creations.   Then I had to check on the printers.   Of course, I had to make sure my other "children" were doing well and kick off some jobs for them to print.   

I had a crack in the screen of my iPad that Apple says was covered under warranty so tonight I went to pick up the new iPad and have been getting it reloaded and configured.   And then there were the bathmats. 

Tomorrow we're picking up my new car.  Or the replacement car.   Or the, "gosh it's nice to have a new car but I liked the old one and wasn't quite ready to get a new car yet but since the old one is smashed to bits, it looks like there's no other choice."   And before I get the new car, I needed bathmats. 

For the past four-and-a-half years there have been two white bathmats with non-slip bottoms, cut in half and with notches for the seat belts, under the children's car seats.   They are by now, no longer white.  Little feet, little shoes, legs with dirty pants as their feet got longer and hung down lower, all added dirt to those bathmats.   It was time, I decided, to get new ones. 

I needed a certain size in white with curved edges and strong non-slip undersides.   I found some that aren't quite the same, but they'll last for the amount of time we'll need them until the children don't need their booster seats anymore.   In the morning, I'll cut them to shape and get everything ready to put back in the car that came out of the old one before they towed it away last month. 

I should be excited about getting a new car, and I suppose I am, but I don't like that the path to getting this new car was by killing my old one. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is out of school for the calendar year.   He celebrated by staying up late and playing Minecraft.   We have to remind him he's not a YouTuber and he doesn't need to tell us every single thing he's doing and how crazy cool it is.    We do listen a lot, and he is fairly interesting, but there's only so much Minecraft droning on you can take when you're trying to work and he keeps saying, "Mom, let so then I..."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter gets cold a lot.  Lately, she'll come into our bedroom and ask if I can turn on the heat.   She fell asleep tonight lying on the head vent in the floor.   She likes when it blows hot air, the dog likes when it blows cold air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment