Friday, December 11, 2020

The Long Ago Hat

Pst...it's yesterday.   Pretend it's yesterday and I'm writing this and I didn't fall asleep at seven-thirty last night and wake up hours after midnight when it was too late write anything here.   Thanks.   I appreciate you keeping my secret.

I was at my parent's house yesterday, checking on this and that.   We're all hoping they can return for Christmas.  It's been a long time since we've seen them and I would love to have them here for Christmas. My children, husband, and in-laws all hope the same.   

While I was there, I opened a cabinet and saw something in the top shelf that I recognized.   You know how your brain can tell you you remember something, even if it was decades back?  Well, I pulled over a stool, climbed up and pulled it down.   It was, indeed the thing I thought it was.   I'm guessing it's from the 1980s and every so often my father would put it on.  

Even though it was in a cabinet, after all this time it required a bit of dusting off, and even so, I was glad I had my mask on with the carbon filter inset.   Here, is the very special hat my father would sometimes wear when (I think) he was working in the yard in the rain...


Stylish, no?

The Big Boy Update:  My son is now ten-years-old.   He refused to be greeted with birthday wishes this morning, insisting it wasn't his birthday.   By the time school was out with a celebration of brownies for his class that his father made, he was ready to have the rest of the world acknowledge he'd entered into double-digit age.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has spent a good part of the week in BOG (Beginning of Grade) assessments.   She wasn't overly keen about taking the tests, not because they were hard, she said they weren't, but because it took her away from being with her classmates for their normally scheduled day.   There is a lot of interaction with her friends, even if they're socially distanced.   She enjoys that part of school very much after being at home for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment