Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Filament Support Group

I don't do that much in the way of social media.   I mean I write this, but for the most part this is me writing into the void.  I know there are people who read the blog, and from time to time I hear something back either in person or electronically that lets me know the blog is read by more than just me.   I don't count this as social media that much though.  It feels like publishing but publishing your diary.   It works for me apparently since I've been writing daily since 2011.

I did join a small server related to 3D printing.   I don't know any of them personally and we're all over the world.  I don't know if the people I'm chatting with are men or women, old or young, or anything else about them unless they talk about it.  Mostly, we talk about 3D printing, sharing models, and prints of various models.   

There isn't a lot of talking, which is good, because I can keep up with the little bits of conversation each day without being overwhelmed.   Heck, I'm behind on email, text messages, housework, Christmas present wrapping, and getting ready for the holidays right now.  I don't have the bandwidth for lots of chatter.   It's a little group that works for me.   The people are happy and supportive.   It's just nice. 

I found out from this group that I'm not alone in loving 3D printing filaments.   There are so many interesting options, so many beautiful choices.   We started joking the other day that we were going to have our own Filament Addiction support group.   

There are also those of us who want to keep buying 3D printers.   I qualify for both support groups, I think.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son is turning on voiceover on his computer, which is the thing my daughter uses to tell her what keys she's pressing.  He's accidentally doing it while he plays Minecraft.   Something he's doing is turning it on.   When it happens he's in the middle of something and the computer keeps talking in a monotone voice for the next few minutes everything he's typing.   His father and I will call out, "turn it off!" and my son will say, "I don't know how I did it!"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Tomorrow my daughter may have almost all her hair cut off.   We've been trying to convince her otherwise, but we'll see what she decides.   I hope she keeps some of it, she looks really good with her hair long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment