Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Arlie’s Series

My daughter loves audiobooks.  Tonight, she started rattling off a story and my husband stopped her and said he would record it.   This is part one of book one in the new series by my daughter.  She's learned well how stories are both written and voiced.  She uses multiple voices in her narration.  Of note: my daughter does not have a British accent.   

She seemed to trail off at the end, with her story not fully formed yet.   After recording this she talked about her plan for the next installment.   I can tell you this: things are about to get exciting.   Questions will be answered, peril will ensue.  

Arlie’s Series, Book One: Lava Floor (Chapters 1-5)

The Big Boy Update:  My son doesn't do well after school at writing thank you notes.   He takes some ADHD medication for school, but only for school.   I think he's going to grow out of the focus challenge he has, but for now, that low dose of medication helps him work hard at school.   He doesn't want to take the medication off-hours or weekends though, which makes writing thank you notes very challenging.   His brain moves too fast in one direction and his hand can't keep up.  Throw in that he wants everything to be perfect and he erases and rewrites again and again and gets highly frustrated.   So, I made the call to let him make thank you videos to some of the people who sent him birthday gifts.   He said some very sweet things.  I'll try again next year with the note writing and see if things have synched together more.   We've been advised that's likely to happen as he grows.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's balloon obsession is just growing and growing.   I know a little secret that she's getting some balloons as a present for Christmas, so I'm not letting her have many at a time here.   She wants to blow them up everywhere.   Although she's getting better at deflating them and cleaning up after one of her Balloon Bonanzas/


No comments:

Post a Comment