Monday, December 7, 2020

Two Things Said

It's been one of those long days and the number of little conversations my husband and I have had catching each other up on what's happened during the day and I just feel like getting the filthy clothes I have on from cleaning up at another property off and soaking in the tub.  Oh jeez, sorry for the mental image.  Oops.   Anyway, here are two things my children said that I wrote down because children are so much fun sometimes.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was angry this weekend because get this, we said he couldn't have screens.   He gets plenty of screen time and he's quite adept at the things you do when you're on a screen, be it the computer, the Xbox, the Nintendo Switch, or iPad.   It had been probably a half-hour before he came to me and said, "I'm one of the most bored people in the world."   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got in the car after school with Blake and me.  She told me I'd forgotten something important in her backpack: some play-doh for a STEM project she had done today.   I told her I had read the email and had forgotten it but I'd get it for tomorrow.   She said, "It's okay, my boyfriend helped me out."   Blake and I looked at each other as I asked her if this was the same boyfriend that had been her "crush" last week.   She said it was but when I asked if they had been kissing she said, Not during COVID, mom!"  Blake then asked another question.   He said, "Does he know he's your boyfriend?"  The smile on my daughter's face did not diminish one bit as she said, "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment