Saturday, December 5, 2020

Anniversary Out

It's our eleventh anniversary, but I had dinner out tonight with my closest three girlfriends.  There was complexity in scheduling the four of us and what was a brunch got rescheduled to dinner and I didn’t bother telling them it was our wedding anniversary or we might never get together. 

My husband and I didn’t mind because we're celebrating tomorrow night at Nana and Papa's house with taco dinner—one of our favorites.   Tonight it was cold but we ate outside with blankets on our laps.  This was only the second time we've been out in a long, long time and coincidentally it was with the same people last time.  Their situation was  much the same with not going out.

I had a drink and I rarely do that so now I feel overly tired.   Before I go to bed, though, I feel I should say that I have a wonderful husband.  And I mean that quite literally.  I wonder all the time how he has such a kind personality, never gets frustrated and puts up with me.  Eleven years, all good. 

The Big Boy Update: My son doesn’t believe in Santa, but he doesn’t want to lose out if Santa really exists so he keeps trying to trap me into admitting we're Santa.  So far, he hasn't tripped me up.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter totally believes in Santa and all the mystique surrounding Christmas.  She won’t tell me what she wants to ask Santa for, because she says he'll just know.  Maybe she's trying to test me after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment