Monday, December 2, 2019

The Same But Different

This morning my house transformed from the place that feels like and is home into a place that seems like home, but isn't quite.   My master was transformed from a warm, welcoming room into a room with no carpet and loud sawing sounds as the father/son-in-law crew worked to layout hardwood floors to match the rest of the main floor.

I packed up and prepared to move my children to my in-laws for the week.   I kept getting stuck in my bathroom and closet.   Multiple people did.  The cabinet people kept coming in and marking or removing the cabinet doors.   Then my builder and I were moving things into the bathroom out of the master bedroom.   Next, my husband came home and I had him and my builder in the closet, talking about a leak problem we'd had for over a year that made no sense (he solved it, he always solves everything).

We were in my closet for the longest while, all up amongst the bedding for my bed that I'd shoved in the corner with the fluffy pillows.   I wanted everyone to leave my closet and my bathroom so I could pack.   It finally happened and then I had to get my son from school and now I'm here, relocated from the house for now, although I'll be spending days at the house and my husband will be there for much of the nights.  

The house is still my house, without question.   It's just strange looking.  Odd feeling.   I hope I like the hardwood floors in the master when this is done.   I'm looking forward to it.   I hope my husband likes them.   I'm not certain he will.

The Big Boy Update:  My son said he's had a headache since after school.   This is odd for him and not something he usually says.   He even wanted some ibuprofen or something to help his head.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter doesn't want to wear a headband anymore.   She loves headbands, so this is odd.   She sort of looks like a hippy, flower child with her long hair and no headband.   My husband figured out why though: it hurts when she stands on her head.   And this child stands on her head all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment