Monday, December 23, 2019

Eye of the Storm

We're in the eye of the holiday storm.   There is the increasing flurry of activity to order presents, decorate the house, go to holiday school, friend and family events, bake, wrap presents and prepare for incoming family before Christmas.  The children are out of school now and we're ready for Christmas.   We have things to do, but it's all under control.   We're almost in a waiting state until Christmas actually arrives.

It's a little like the eye of the storm.   It's a calm period before the chaos and excitement and fun of Christmas day itself.   And then, once the presents are opened and the meals have been eaten, you look around and realize you have more of a mess now than you did before.

My children are excited about Christmas.   They don't know what they'll be getting and haven't made any big requests.   We think they'll be excited though with an idea my husband had.   I'll let you know how it turns out in two days' time.

For now, I'm enjoying having nothing to wrap, nothing to buy and the stockings are even stuffed already.   We kick into high gear tomorrow afternoon.   Tomorrow morning I might even try to sleep in.

The Big Boy Update:  My son stayed up and watched Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief tonight.   I watched a good bit of it with him.   He loved it.   He wants to see the second movie before he reads the book this time.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was creating a Mad Libs this evening on her braillewriter.   I was at my best friend's house when she called me to ask for some nouns, adjectives, numbers and even a pronoun.   When I got home she asked me for a few more words.   As we were talking about parts of speech she said, "my favorite type of verb is a past tense one."

No comments:

Post a Comment