Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Maths

I've been watching a lot of what I suppose could be called nerdy math videos lately.   Festival of the Spoken Nerd, Steve Mould, Matt Parker, Objectivity, Numberphile.   Binging on these maths-based YouTube channels and other related videos.  Oh, and podcasts.  

I've heard the team "maths" used so much over the American preferred "math" that I don't hear the British accents or the usage of "maths".    I'm cutting this short tonight to go watch some more.

The Big Boy Update:  My son went to a school gaming night and fundraiser for the Upper Elementary Yellowstone trip in the spring.  He played Mancala and enjoyed spending time with his classmates and other friends out of school.

The Tiny Girl Chronicle:  Tomorrow is crazy hair day at my daughter's school.   We decided on red and green ribbons in her hair, which is doable.   She had some other ideas that weren't so easily done. Speaking of hair, I know she wasn't trying to cut her hair, but I found a large chunk on her desk, besides some scissors where she had been cutting paper.   I told her to put her hair up in the future so she didn't accidentally cut her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment