Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Mood After School

My son and I went to the chiropractor this morning.   He had had a headache the night before, and last week we were wondering if he'd done something like stood up under the bunk beds and hit his head because he was trying to stretch his neck out.   This morning I took him into the chiropractor again, and he got a similar adjustment, and he was feeling better in short order.

What was interesting was his mood in the car.   His Adderall had taken effect because we had a lot longer drive from my in-law's house in the next town over.  We were late for school, so I got to see him calm and focused on the medicine.   He wanted to listen to my adult grammar book.   It's dry for even an adult, and he couldn't understand a good bit of it, but he said he liked it.

We even picked a chapter on "And, Or and But" usage at the beginning of sentences: is it grammatical or not?   My son knows the answer to that question now.   We got to school not too much after the start of class.   When my husband picked him up at the end of the day for some reason they must have gotten to talking about mood, because this is my son's mood after school, as drawn on the screen of the car in drawing mode:



In the bottom left, my son wrote his goal, which translates to, "Anger down,  Happiness Up."

The Big Boy Update:  My son can be very nice, but he can also be a colossal jerk.   My husband and I don't know what other words to use for when he's like this.   Something tripped him up tonight because he was just so, well, such a jerk.   We have got to figure him out.   Hopefully, before he goes to college and before we've screwed him up beyond repair.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I got a message from Morgan, our favorite sitter tonight.   She wanted to know if my daughter would like to be hired to make a braided dog tug toy like the one she'd made for Zivy, their dog.   My daughter was almost asleep when I came in to tell her, but she smiled a big smile with her eyes closed in bed and said that yes, she would like to make a tug toy for the new Australian Shepard puppy named Willoughby.

No comments:

Post a Comment