Wednesday, December 18, 2019

It’s So Far Away It’s Almost Here

When I was a child at this point in the month of December, Christmas was incredibly far off.   I mean there were two days of school left, a weekend and then days to go before a whole week had passed and I finally got to open my gifts and see what Santa had brought me.

I remember the foreverness of the long, drawn-out month that is December when you're a child.  As an adult with children, the month looks altogether different.   Christmas is barreling down on us, not caring if I've got time to get everything done or even parts of my lists complete.

I was out in the garage looking for something for my daughter for Holiday Hat Day tomorrow and I realized I didn't get nearly the decorating done I would have liked to have gotten to.   Then I think about the cleaning up and putting up and I'm glad not everything is out.   There's enough and what's out, looks nice and that's that.

I've been tackling other areas of the perpetual parental pile in recent days.   I had to get caught up on emails, because they were getting out of hand.   Today I got back to zero, which makes me internally giddy in a way like nothing else can.  In the meantime though, this happened:


This is braille work that needs reading through and any other paperwork I have to do something with.  I had just gotten this stack down before we moved out of the house for renovations.   Tomorrow, along with holiday this and that, I'm going to have to do a good bit of braille reading.

The Big Boy Update:  My son, on bounding up the stairs to his top bunk, slipped and hit his shin badly.   He screamed louder than I've heard him do so before.   I got an ice pack and my husband sat on the floor of the hall while my son kept saying, "I want to die."   It hurt a whole lot I'm guessing.  We let him take the ice pack to bed and I gave him something to help with inflammation and pain.  It's going to be a bad bruise in the morning given how fast it turned purple tonight.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I wrapped her presents for family and friends tonight.  All of her presents are in one box under the tree.   They have a brailled name on them so she can hand out her presents all by herself.  The one I'm the most excited about is for her father.   I can't explain until after Christmas.   For a dollar, it's my favorite present of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment