Monday, January 5, 2015

The Tiny Corner

We have this chair in our bedroom that's angled against a corner.  It's a sofa-chair type chair with a solid rectangular back that makes a nice connection with the wall.   The chair itself is two big cushions that come off easily to make forts and other things children imagine they might be useful for.

For a while, my children couldn't get behind the chair.   Then, when they managed to get back there, they couldn't get out.   That was fun for a while.   Now, they climb back and forth, in and out, up and over the chair on a regular basis.   The pillows are in regular demand for all kinds of fun adventuresome-things, but the best part of all is that triangular space behind the chair.

I have two fairly small children at three- and four-years-old but I'm continually impressed how they can both get back into that little triangle play land.   In addition to their bodies, they bring a large back roller they use for a, "cast" that's beside my nightstand.   They commonly bring the dog's leash and collar and sometimes they throw in a backpack full or items.  

The thing that I didn't believe though was how they were both huddled in the little space, hidden behind the chair completely, watching a show on the iPad they had snuck from the drawer when they didn't have permission.

The Big Boy Update:  On the way to school my son suddenly started counting in Spanish.   He got up to six and said, "that's all I know."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This is the first year my children really "got" Christmas.   Yesterday morning my daughter asked me, "is it Christmastime yet?"  I think they may have enjoyed Christmas too much.

Fitness Update:  First gym visit this year.   It was good to see my friends, including our trainer, after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment