Friday, January 16, 2015

Lego Therapy

Legos have been busy things at our house of late.   There was the Lego movie, my son's love of Legos and my husband's even greater love of and possible obsession with Legos.  

For Christmas my daughter got a new set of Duplo blocks and while she wasn't that interested in them, my son was.  He could follow the instructions.   He desperately wanted to follow the instructions of the Junior Legos and the adult models, but the pictures and pieces made it challenging for him.    Never fear though, my husband would do the model with nominal help from my son.

My son would then happily play with the model until it was in pieces.  My husband—this is where the obsession part comes in—would feign frustration at having to put the model together again.    I think he secretly enjoyed it.

We got Legos for my son's birthday.   They were all over his and my husband's Christmas wish lists and they got their wishes, because they both got lots of Lego pieces, in the form of model sets, for Christmas.

So now we have pieces everywhere.   There are pieces from sets that got intermixed, sets that were put together a while back and then there were sets that were new.   My husband even got a huge, mega, super set that has more pieces in it than I've ever seen in a model (my son is not allowed to go near the completed model.)   In short, we have pieces everywhere.

Oh, and I can't forget the impetus for the title of this post.  One night, my husband and I got into an argument.   He left the house because he could see it wasn't going to get better until we both had a chance to think about how stupid the argument was and calm down.   His tactic worked.   When he came home I looked at the new Lego set he'd bought and said, "Lego therapy?"   He smiled, said yes and we moved on.

Speaking of Lego therapy.   I need the Legos organized so we can find things and build models again.   I've been organizing the pieces by color for the past several days now.   It is quite possible my Lego therapy will take longer to complete than my husband's, but it will be cheaper than his.

The Big Boy Update:  My son will call out, "I need a wipe!"   He will call this out until you come to help him, even if you're nowhere near and he has to wait for you.   At least he was until recently.  Now he's wiping himself.   I hope he's doing a good job because sometimes I don't' even know he's gone.   I hope he's washing his hands afterwords <she says thinking she already knows the answer to that one.>

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter ate almost an entire piece of New York Style pizza yesterday.    That's a lot of food for her little stomach.   She just kept putting it into her mouth.   After two-thirds of the slice, my husband and I just sat back to see how much more would go in.

Fitness Update:  My butt is already sore from the workout this morning.   That doesn't bode well for how I'll feel when I wake up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment