Thursday, June 12, 2014

You're Cured!

There was a tooth that went bad.  There was a temporary crown and then not one, but three root canals and the removal of a tooth root.  Then, the tooth was lost.   Time passed and the jaw bone grew in and there were plans for an implant.   But the CT scan showed fluid in the sinus and there was another round of, "we can't fix it yet" type-stuff.

The ENT did another scan and prescribed antibiotics.  There were no symptoms, but the sinus was definitely blocked so small surgery was preformed to open up the blocked sinus, resulting in still no symptoms of any kind in the sinus region.   More time passed, waiting occurred and then this week I went back to the ENT to see how that sinus was doing, hoping that all was well because I really wanted to get screws put in my head so I could get crowns put on the screws so I could ultimately chew again on the left side of my mouth.

The scan was done, and it was easy to see the sinus was clear on the monitor, even before the doctor came back.   He's a friendly sort and I enjoy going to his office.  He walked in, looked at the scan and said, "You're cured!  Tell Tony I said, 'hi' when you get your implants done."

I like that kind of office visit.

The Big Boy Update:  We were riding to school and my son was looking at the cars in front of us.  He said to me, "what vehicle starts with 'air'?"  I was stumped, honest, I was.  What car model starts with, "air"?  Then he said, "airplane!"  And yes, that is a vehicle and no, he wasn't trying to trick me.  Then he said, "airplane starts with the sound, "guh, guh, guh".  His sister started chanting that with him and just before I corrected him he realized the sound was, "auh" (or some sort of phonetic version of 'A' that I don't rightly know how to spell).  I was very impressed.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to go to the pool this afternoon.  She wanted to go so badly that she got her water diaper pull-ups on all by herself and then got her bathing suit on too.  When her brother came into the room I couldn't find the other pair of pull-ups and got distracted helping get my daughter's suit on right-side out.   She had had it on correctly when I went to go find her brother, but had switched it around in my absence.  That's when I looked over and saw her taking off the second pair of pull-ups so that her brother could wear one.   How she got two pair on top of another, I don't know.  Then, as we were driving over to the pool she explained to me, "you don't have pull-ups because you don't need pull-ups" to me after seeing me put on my swim suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment