Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Woof Hot Spot

This isn't about a dog.  It's not about spell check either, but part of it is--the title.  I send myself reminders during the day on topics I might want to write a blog post about.  Later, I sit down at the computer at the end of the day to write, say, this post and I look to see what ideas I had earlier in the day.  Most of the time, those ideas make sense when I read them.   Sometimes, they don't.   What the heck does, "the woof hot spot" mean?

Autocorrected gets minus one point for that one.   On the whole though, autocorrect is one of my favorite inventions of late.   The amount of typos it saves me from could fill a big fat eBook.   Now I remember, it was, "the wi-fi hot spot".   I have this new computer, on which I'm currently writing this post.  I'm writing it at my desk in front of a large monitor and I feel like I'm at a desktop computer, which is where I feel most at home.  But I'm working on a laptop that can move with me when I go places.

What about places where I might not be able to connect to the internet?  Have you checked lately to see what you can and can not do without the internet?  It's heavily weighted on the internet side for me.  Even this blog post, which I'm typing in a single window, is doing HTTP requests to the blogger.com server to do incremental saves while I type, even though I'm not paying attention to the window at all.

But never fear, phones now days have the ability to become their own, "wi-fi hot spots".   So I'm in the car this weekend and I turn on the hot spot on my phone.  I have the computer look for the phone, connect and then disco, I'm online.  

I got a lot of things done on the way to and from the mountains this past weekend.   I had, dare I say, fun working?

The Big Boy Update: "This is my tutu."  My children found two tutus in the closet yesterday.  They decided they should both put one on and when we found them a bit later, they were happily playing with trains, wearing their tutus.  Today was another tutu day after naps apparently, because they both came down for snack wearing their tutus again.  I told my son I liked his skirt.  He stopped eating his snack, looked at me and said, "this is my tutu."  He was too dang cute in that tutu.



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Banana peeler.  My children are getting more independent with self-care, including feeding themselves.  Yesterday my husband came downstairs to find her sitting at the table, banana peeled and happily eating a healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment