Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Worst Thing About Your New Computer Is...

...you aren't in bed. 

That's what my husband told me last night.   And we both laughed.   Normally I go to bed as soon as I can get everything done for the day and the children to bed.   With the new computer I've had lots of things to move over and even more to learn.   So I've been downstairs after the sun is down at the computer. 

He wasn't being mean, I was just infringing on his end of day area.   We don't watch the same things on television.  I don't watch that much television and I definitely don't get around to watching a movie.  But that's exactly what my husband likes to do at the end of the day.  

I, on the other hand, like to get in the bed, turn off the lights and do things on my iPad.  The things I like to do might involve volume and definitely involve a a bright iPad display in the bed.   On the occasions when my husband decided to go to bed at the very early hour that I do, I usually complain, saying something like, "what are you doing coming to bed this early?"

I'll be glad when I get everything over and set up on the new computer (which I am loving). 

The Big Boy Update:  "I pressed the go away button!"  My son was playing some robot game with my husband.  He was turning him on and doing other things that my husband would respond to by pretending to do the robot-eqivalent behavior.   But when my husband told my son it was time for him to go to the potty, he didn't want to go so he, "pressed the 'go away' button" and was very upset when Robot Daddy didn't actually go away.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She dropped a cup on her toe today.  It was bad, causing blood to pool under the big toe.  It's gotten worse as the day's worn on and I'm not sure if it's even more uncomfortable because there is blood pooling under the nail causing undue pressure on her big toe.  She had a tough day, getting over feeling poorly for the last several days and then hurting her toe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment