Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

Too many blog topics, too few days...

The Normal Guy's Perspective and the beach-less bikini:  This is from when we were in Las Vegas.  We started seeing people in bikinis or bikini-like clothing at all hours of the day.  There were far more people in very skimpy pool clothing with little or no cover-ups on even during evening hours.   Was it a new fad?   The guy at the hotel shop told me when I asked on the first day, "you have no idea".  He was right, I stopped counting after awhile the number of outrageous outfits. 

The Christopher Walken Wall:  Walking through Aria in Las Vegas we happened upon a wall in a walkway that was covered with large pictures of Christopher Walken.  They were distressed and looked like badly worn old photos, blown up on a grand scale.  I have no idea what the message is, but I liked walking by that crazy set of pictures every day.

The Sock Sensation:  There is a new style, mis-matched socks.  Very colorful, crazy, mis-matched socks.  At the Bat Mitzva last night the young girls were all wearing beautiful dresses.  They had on nice dress shoes too, but shortly after arriving, they all kicked off their shoes and got socks out of a supplied basket.   It was strange watching them dance around all night in cocktail dresses and neon non-matching socks.

No longer a slave to the alarm:  I used to dread the alarm.  I'm still not a huge fan of the early morning beep beeping, but I don't hate it like I used to.  If I'm not getting up early to work out, I don't even set an alarm; usually I wake up before it would go off anyway.  I used to hate the alarm, now it just seems like a helpful tool to me.

The Light Bulb Calculation:  We have a total light bulb count in the house.  It's over three-hundred.  That includes all the little lights in the under-cabinet area, all occasional lamps we don't really turn on, the chandeliers with their many-bulbed limbs and all the outdoor lights.   We've already gotten some of the bulbs switched to LEDs and we're working on a few more each week.   With over three-hundred bulbs though, it's going to take a while.

Car Nails:  I like selecting a dark blue for my fingernails and/or toenails.   I've liked dark blue for a long time and it seems I'm more likely to pick that color over any other.   Just last week I realized the color I had was very like the color of my current as well as prior car.   Have I been matching my nails to my car all this time without knowing it or did I pick a car color to match my nails?

The Cleaning Lady Cost Comparison:  Whenever I hear how much something costs, I do a mental cost comparison on value.   We love the person who cleans our home.  She's been with me since 1997 and she is very much like family.  I could get someone for less money to clean our home, but she is excellent at what she does and she is flexible with anything we need.  In short, I believe what we pay her is a good value for our family.   Whenever I'm comparing any other hourly cost for a service, I always mentally weigh the value for that price in comparison to how much we pay our cleaning lady and determine if I think it's, "too much" or "a good value".

The Big Boy Update:  The ketchup block construction.  My son "needed" the unopened ketchup bottle from the pantry today for some work he was doing in the basement.   I came down later to find this: 


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  So sleepy.  My daughter partied hard at the Bat Mitzvah last night.  She danced with the big kids and ran around until she tried to sleep on the floor of the airport terminal.  This morning my son slept until 8:30AM, an unheard of late hour for either of them.  She finally got up at 9:45AM when I work her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment