Friday, June 20, 2014

My Head Isn't Safer, Lucy

I got to laughing in bed last night and I couldn't stop. Just about the time my husband would start snoring, I'd start laughing again.  It has to do with the weather and my dog, who is afraid of thunder.

It's not uncommon for dogs to fear thunder. My dog didn't notice it for many years, but at some point she figured out it was something to be worried about and now she's definitely sure the thunder is out to get her. 

Last night it started to rain one of those great summer storms with big, bold lightning flashes and loud booms of thunder.  I love storms.  About that time, my husband came to bed and our dog must have thought he was there to save her.   Normally, she sleeps lower down on the bed and doesn't get too close to either of us.

Last night, she wanted to be as close to us as possible, specifically, as close to my husband's head as possible. I didn't realize what was happening until I heard my husband say, "my head is not safer, Lucy".  She was trying to sit on top of his head.  

Thar's when I started to laugh.  Because, hpw is a head safer than under the covers (which we offered her and she declined) or being held by one of us (which she did not want).   My husband's head must have a high canine safety rating.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted to have a "pick-mick" the other day. He wanted to have this picnic on the deck with Mimi. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She busted her toe yesterday and got a large blood pocket under the nail that was still growing in size this morning. She was unthrilled. I had to get a neele at the edge of the blood pocket to release the pressure. I had to do it again this afternoon. It's much better now, but the toenail is going to be lost sooner than later after all this, I'm sure. 

Fitness Update:  Group counting.  Our trainer is having us do these, "do this thing until you can't any more and the hand off to someone else in this group and keep track of not only this count across all of you but the counts on two other exercises as well". If that sentence was confusing, trust me, it's more confusing in person.  I got tapped as future count leader today and I'm suppose to make workout math more simple for us in future workouts.  We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment