Saturday, June 7, 2014

In The Club

We're in the club now, it's official.   Well, a club, I suppose.  My husband has been a family member of a country club or golf club since he was a child.  I've never been a member until today. 

We have multiple neighbors who are members and they seem to like the club a lot.  It gives my husband a location to play golf, and me a great place for delicious brunch food (or so I've heard).

It's not a fancy or highly exclusive club and the people I know that are members are great folks.   Hopefully we'll make some good friends there.  Oh, and I hear they have a great pool for kids. 

The Big Boy Update:  Spanking.  I got mad at him today.  He had cornered his sister and was trying to tear the bow out of her hair.  She was cowering on the sofa and crying.  I snatched him up and, well, yelled at him.  I shouldn't have, but I did.  He ran under the dining room table and I followed him and spanked him.   He cried.  I asked him if he was crying because he wanted me to stop and he said, "yes".   So I spanked him twice more and told him his sister had just been crying and wanted him to stop but he hadn't.    Not my finest parenting moment, but apparently he was very well-behaved later that afternoon.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She made a mess of some cards today and then she wanted snack.   When she was told she could have snack after she cleaned up the cards she said, "I can't do it.  I want you to do it."  She put up quite a fuss, including crying.   Then, she calmly put all the cards away and I served her snack. 

Fitness Update:  It's been a while since I've been running.  We ran eight miles today going, "the hateful route" which is more hilly and steep than the regular route we take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment